February 16, 2016: Last day to register to vote or update your address
- You can update your address online here
- If you’re not sure if your voter registration is up to date or your address is correct, here is a very quick and easy way to check your registration status
- You cannot register to vote online, so if you’re a new Ohio voter or if you haven’t voted in the past 5 years, you will have to fill out the short form (which you can download and print here) and mail it in or drop it off to your County Board of Elections office (address of your County’s BOE here)
- You may wish to double check that you meet the voter eligibility requirements, see the many places and public offices where you can obtain a voter registration form if you do not have access to a printer, and refer to the directory of County Boards of Election addresses for where to mail your completed voter registration form.
February 17, 2016: Early voting (also known as in-person absentee voting) begins!
- Check with the website of your county’s Board of Elections office, which you can find here, for early voting hours! In most counties, early voting takes place at the Board of Elections office on this schedule:
- Weds.-Fri., Feb. 17-19: 8am-5pm
- Mon.-Fri., Feb. 22-26: 8am-5pm
- Mon.-Fri., Feb. 29-Mar. 4: 8am-5pm
- Sat., Mar. 5: 8am-4pm
- Mon.-Fri., Mar. 7-11: 8am-7pm
- Sat., Mar. 12: 8am-4pm
- Sun., Mar. 13: 1pm-5pm
- Mon., Mar. 14: 8am-2pm ← Last day to vote early before Primary Election Day!
March 12, 2016: Last day to request absentee ballot
- You can request an absentee ballot by downloading, printing, filling out, and mailing in this form to your own county’s Board of Elections office — here is the link to download the form
- Alternatively, you can request an absentee ballot by filling in your zip code, first name, and last name, and following the prompts on this form
- Your county’s Board of Elections must receive your Absentee Ballot request form by NOON on Mar. 12 if you are going to receive the absentee ballot with enough time to fill it in and mail in your votes by the next deadline
March 14, 2016: Last day to mail in your absentee ballot
March 15, 2016: ELECTION DAY!
- You can find your polling place here
- Be sure to bring a proper form of ID with you to vote. That can be:
- A current (non-expired) driver’s license or state ID card with your name and photo issued by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. A valid driver’s license displaying an old address IS acceptable